Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 23 October 2014

To Build or not to Build

Is this an easy way to make money?
 
 
Reading some of the comments made by people who have become involved in a self-build project I can't help but smile to myself.  As with most projects we undertake in life nothing can possibly go wrong - can it?
I recall years ago when I was selling a lease-hold shop business and my concern was whether I was asking for more then the business was worth.  A fellow business friend said to me to remember that anyone who starts a business up believes they will be millionaires in a few years time.  If they didn't they would probably never start the business in the beginning.  Naturally, I don't need to state how many people do go on to become millionaires or indeed how many wish they had never got involved to start with.
 
 
 
 
 

Now for all of you who have achieved a successful outcome with your self-build I agree that statistically you will make money from your work, although it is likely to be a reasonable amount less then hoped for.  Indeed, the average cost of a new home is approximately £190,000 but if you get someone to do the build for you it should come out at approx. £146,000, but should you choose to do the work yourself it may be nearer to £85,000.  Naturally, the largest proportion of us are likely to go for carrying out the works themselves as all we can see is the final figure.  I could go on all day but I would rather you gave me some food for thought on this!  Have you done a self-build and did the figures come out as planned?  What would it have cost if you had got a Builder to do it and more importantly, would you do it again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates