Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Monday 29 December 2014

Boxing Day

Another year over

Well, that's it, another Christmas over.  Another year gone - they seem to pass quicker as each year passes!

Taking the traditional walk to church to sing a few hymns and posting Christmas cards to my neighbours as I stroll.

Funny how I never seem to tire of doing the same things each year - in fact I actively revel in them, including having all the family round for dinner along with the inevitably chaos that will occur.

Boxing Day

Boxing Day is a totally different story and allows me to relax and enjoy the peace and quiet and mull on what lies ahead.
This day is celebrated across Europe and Canada and known as St Stephens Day.  It was instigated by the Aristocracy as they gave boxes of presents to their staff.

Nowadays we are more likely to spend the day watching television, taking in a soccer match or going for a walk.  I much prefer the modern version!
 
Watching old movies and contemplating on the previous days events.  Trying on the oversize, traditional jumper and deciding whether to quietly take it back and get a different size or hang it in the wardrobe, knowing that it will never been word but not wanting to upset anyone.

Will it be wealth and wisdom or is it all to late for me?  For the moment I have a new job in the right field has got to be a good start!  What happens after that, we shall just have to wait and see!

There's no doubt that the relaxation of Boxing Day is something that is much needed after the chaos of Christmas!

I am going to try to make an effort to watch my words and think before I speak.  It's all to easy to say something without thinking sometimes.

And on that note - a Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates